Through image recognition, CuboAi/CuboAi Plus detects whether Baby is in the crib, sends Covered Face alerts, and tracks your little one's Sleep events.
To improve the accuracy of the baby monitor's AI detection, please refer to the guidelines below:
1. Ideal setup
CuboAi/CuboAi Plus is most effective when it is placed directly above the crib with the baby monitor looking directly down at Baby and your crib filling the full screen. If the baby monitor is not set up in this recommended position, it may cause the baby monitor's AI to misjudge the events occurring and may result in inaccurate detection.
2. Ensure a clear, unobstructed view for CuboAi/CuboAi Plus
- If there's a mobile hanging over the crib, we recommend placing it in a way that does not block the baby monitor's view of the crib.
- Keeping the crib clear by removing stuffed animals, pillows, blankets to create a safe environment for your little one's sleep and improve detection accuracy.
3. Crib Detection Zone Setting
- The Crib Detection Zone should be set to include the entire crib area, including the edges of the mattress and the railings of the crib to capture caregiver visits.
🐤 CuboAi Reminder: If the baby monitor has been moved to a different room or if your little one's sleeping arrangement has changed, please make sure to adjust the Crib Detection Zone accordingly.
4. Baby's head should be visible
CuboAi/CuboAi Plus detects Baby based on biological features (ie. the shape of Baby's head and limbs). If Baby wears a hat or a swaddle, it may affect the baby monitor's detection accuracy.
🐤 CuboAi Reminder: CuboAi/CuboAi Plus' Covered Face detection can detect Baby's hands and rule out scenarios where Baby's face is covered by his/her hand. However, if Baby wears gloves or if the hands are covered with cloth, a Covered Face alert may still be sent based on your Alert Settings.
🐤 CuboAi Reminder: If you're using a bedside crib or co-sleeping with your little one, the baby monitor may detect the movements of the caregiver, which may result in inaccurate notifications.
🐤 You are also welcome to use the "Alert or detection is inaccurate" button at the bottom of the Alert detail page to report any false alerts! And please feel free to contact our support team and provide the info below for further assistance.
5. Ensure that AI Status shows "Working Normally"
For users that have the AI detection features available, please ensure that the AI Status is enabled on the CuboAi app. You can check this by going to Home Page → click on the menu icon → “check” AI Status.
Please note that at least one of the following AI features must be switched on in order to see the AI Status button:
- Sleep Safety (covered face & rollover alerts)
- Danger Zone
- Auto Photo Capture
- Lullaby AI mode
- SSP AI mode
After clicking “check” on the AI Status, you’ll see one of the following messages:
- AI is working normally
- AI is not working (Please double check that you have met all previously mentioned requirements in this article and try again).
- Please check your connection and try again (Please check that your Wi-Fi connection is stable and reconnect if needed).
NOTE: If you’re not able to see the AI Status option in the menu, please double check that you are using the latest app version, your baby monitor (CuboAi Plus only) is on the U-stand and that it is on the latest firmware version.
If you’re still having issues with the AI detection features, please contact our Customer Support team through the following channels: