The CuboAi Sleep Sensor Pad provides additional information regarding your little one’s sleeping status using its own motion detection algorithm to convert the detected breathing motions (i.e. the rise & fall of Baby’s chest & abdominal region) from the mattress of your little one into unique motion sensing data. This allows parents to track Baby’s real-time well-being status in the CuboAi App aside from the current AI notifications, for better peace of mind.
Please refer to the CuboAi Sleep Sensor Pad Quick Start Guide for instructions on how to set up your Sleep Sensor Pad.
To set up the CuboAi Sleep Sensor Pad with your CuboAi Plus, you’ll need to make sure:
- You’ve paired with the CuboAi Plus baby monitor on your phone (please note that only the main account can be used to set up the Sleep Sensor Pad);
- 4 AAA batteries are installed in the CuboAi Sleep Sensor Pad, and the status light is flashing blue or showing a blue light when you press the button on the back of the Sleep Sensor Pad. (To save battery life, the flashing blue status light will disappear after five minutes. Simply press the button on the back to confirm if the status light is blue or not.) The Sleep Sensor Pad uses M3 screws (diameter 5mm x length 8mm). It is recommended to use a #2 screwdriver to screw on/ remove the screws.
- Then, please go to the CuboAi App Settings > scroll down and find the section “CuboAi Sleep Sensor Pad” > Sleep Sensor Pad Tutorial to follow the on-screen instructions to move the Sleep Sensor Pad nearer to the baby monitor (within 1 meter) to connect via bluetooth. You may either have the baby monitor search for the Sleep Sensor Pad or use your phone to scan the QR code to connect.
🐤 CuboAi Reminder:
1. Please make sure to update your baby monitor's firmware and CuboAi App to the latest version.
While the Sleep Sensor Pad does NOT monitor Baby’s breathing directly, it monitors the their actual movements on the surface of the mattress. The CuboAi Sleep Sensor Pad has a data collecting surface , which is large enough to transfer and concentrate the movement from the full surface of your little one’s mattress into data for analysis.
Please ensure that the bed board of Baby's crib is hard and sturdy. We also recommend placing the pad in the middle of the crib under the mattress, so it can detect the movements from every corner of the mattress. Therefore, Baby does not have to be lying directly above the Sleep Sensor Pad. However, please note that if Baby is leaning on the crib bumper, pillow or crib railing, etc, it will cause the Sleep Sensor Pad to be unable to accurately detect the rise and fall of Baby's chest.
As the Sleep Sensor Pad needs to detect all the tiny movements of your baby in order to convert them into data, we do not recommend using a bedside crib that is attached to the parents’ bed, as this may lead to inaccurate detections. (If you need to use a bedside crib, please leave a proper distance between the crib & parent’s bed to avoid inaccurate motion detection.) This is the same for any form of movement that the pad can detect such as a fan, a mobile attached to the crib, a crib in rocking motion, another person touching the crib, radiator pipes etc. If you see any inaccurate motion statuses in your app, feel free to refer to this article.
The dimensions of the CuboAi Sleep Sensor Pad are approximately 9.8*9.8*0.8 (in³) / 25*25*1.95 (cm³) which is designed for use in a standard baby cot or crib with dimensions of 28″ / 130cm wide and 52 3/8″ / 70cm long and fits under most mattress types. Please note that if the mattress is too thin, or if the clothing worn by Baby is too thick, the accuracy & efficiency of the detection will be affected. The Sleep Sensor Pad can be used with most mattresses between the thickness of 2.36” - 5.12” / 6 - 13cm)
Crib & Mattress Type Suggestions
For the best functionality, our team have found out that these mattress types work better than others:
- Spring Based
- Coir Based
- Spring/Coir Combination
The following mattress types are incompatible for using with the Sleep Sensor Pad:
- Pocket-Spring Mattress
- Memory Foam Mattress
- Inflated/Waterbed Mattress
Article is closed for comments.