If your bandwidth is below the required amount for optimal use of your baby monitor (5 Mbps or higher if there are multiple devices connected to the CuboAi/CuboAi Plus at the same time), you may experience connection issues. Here are a couple things you can try to improve your connection:
- If your Wi-Fi speed is below the suggested amount for optimal use of the baby monitor, you may need to consider upgrading your home internet plan
- If the connection is unstable, please move your router closer to your CuboAi/CuboAi Plus or vice versa. If you are unable to move the router closer to your baby monitor (or vice versa), you may need to install a Wi-Fi extender to amplify your Wi-Fi signal and extend the range.
- Switch to SD video quality: As HD provides high-quality video, it demands higher network bandwidth, while SD offers standard quality. Therefore, parents can initially switch from HD to SD to reduce network traffic, ensuring smoother video playback. If the switch doesn't improve the situation, please contact our customer service team through the following channels for further assistance.
To do this, go to the homepage of the CuboAi app and click on the menu icon under the camera button → Find the video quality settings, where you'll see the HD/SD toggle switch for high and standard video quality.
Note: The HD/SD setting is only available for the CuboAi Plus.
CuboAi Reminder: Network connection stability will greatly affect your CuboAi/CuboAi Plus experience. A stable Wi-Fi connection is required for the baby monitor to perform all functions in watching over Baby!
Customer Support Contact Information:
- In-App: Settings → Help Center → Chat with Us
- Facebook Messenger: m.me/cubobabymonitor
- Email: email@example.com