1. How does it work?
Cubo’s Auto Photo Capture is a patented technology developed by Cubo that automatically recognizes large or unique movements of the baby such as turning over, kicking, twisting, biting their hands/feet, staring at the camera, crying, or just generally smiling. Cubo helps parents capture that special moment easily and hands free.
Cubo’s Auto Photo Capture function will be activated when Cubo is set up in the two scenarios below:
a) In the Crib - when Cubo is installed on the Floor Stand or the Crib Stand with the lens facing down directly
*Cubo Tip: Cubo detects the baby using image and movement recognition. The image recognition works best when Cubo is placed directly above the crib with the lens pointing directly down. Any other camera angle might affect Cubo’s image recognition and result in poor photos.
b) Out of the Crib - when your little one is within 3 to 6 feet (1 to 2 meters) and facing Cubo
Cubo’s Auto Photo Capture typically takes 5 to 10 photos a day, and will share these with parents every 6 hours with a notification to let you know that photos are ready. You may preview the photos as follows:
- iPhone: Press and hold the notification banner to preview the photos
- Android Phone: Pull the notification down to preview the photos
3. Moments Wall
The automatically captured photos will be added to Cubo App’s Homepage on the Moments Wall and will be displayed in reverse chronological order (with the most recent ones on top). You may view photos/videos captured from the last 10 days on the Moments Wall.
4. Manually deleting photos
If you’d like to delete any automatically captured photos, simply navigate to the album of the day, select the photo you’d like to delete, click on the ellipses in the upper right hand corner, and choose whether you’d like to delete the photo selected or all photos from that day.
(Note: Please be careful when deleting photos - photos cannot be recovered once deleted!)
5. Can it be adjusted for specific expressions or actions?
Since Cubo’s AI has been programmed to capture a wide range of movements (such as turning over, kicking, biting their hands/feet, sitting up, etc.) and facial expressions (such as staring at the camera, smiling, laughing, crying, etc.) there is no manual way to instruct Cubo to only take photos of specific movements or expressions.
*Cubo Tip: Cubo’s image recognition works best when the camera angle is set to vertically look down into the crib. If it’s set from an angle, Cubo’s ability to recognize movements and expressions might be affected and result in miscapturing the precious moments.
6. How many photos will Cubo’s Auto Photo Capture take?
- Cubo will continue to automatically capture photos as long as the AI detects a recognized action. Up to 10 photos will be taken daily.
- These photos will be stored in the cloud and can be viewed on the Moments Wall. You may download these photos directly to your phone!
7. How long are the Cubo Moments photos and notification alert videos stored?
- Photos taken by Cubo’s Auto Photo Capture function will be kept on the Moments Wall in reverse chronological order for 10 days. After 10 days the photos will be automatically deleted
- The videos on the Alerts Wall will be kept for 7 days and will be automatically deleted after 7 days.
Note: All photos and videos can be downloaded directly to your phone to keep!