When designing CuboAi/CuboAi Plus, we created a series of special "bird chirp" warning sounds so that parents are able to quickly and easily distinguish this from other phone alert sounds. The volume of the warning sound can be controlled by the built-in volume of the phone - you can test the volume in our app! (After enabling the notification of CuboAi App on your phone, you may go to "Notifications" tab in the CuboAi App, scroll down and tap on the "Test notification" button.)
To help distinguish between each alert type, you can set individual alert sounds for each of the following alert types:
- Covered Face and Rollover Alerts
- Danger Zone Alerts
- Cry Detection Alerts
- Cough Detection Alerts
To do so, click into the CuboAi app → select the paired camera on top → select the feature you would like to set up → Alert Sounds → choose an alert sound from the drop-down menu.
Note for Android users: After clicking on “Alert Sounds” you will be redirected to the Notification Sounds menu on your phone. You may select an alert sound available from the CuboAi app or use one from your phone’s own selection.
If a special alert sound has not been set up, then the default alert sound will be used, which are as follows:
- Covered Face and Rollover Alerts, Danger Zone Alerts : Bird 3
- Cry Detection Alerts, Cough Detection Alerts, Baby Not in Crib, Offline : Bird 2
- (Sleep Sensor Pad AI Mode Off) No Movement Detected Alert: Bird 3
- (Sleep Sensor Pad AI Mode On) Critical Alert: Bird 4
- There is NO sound for the Temperature & Humidity and Baby Detected alerts.
- The CuboAi app will only send out the Temperature & Humidity alerts in the following scenarios:
- The camera lens is pointed vertically, the Covered Face and Rollover alerts” is turned on and Baby is detected in the crib.
- The camera lens is pointed vertically, but the Covered Face and Rollover alerts has been turned off.
- The camera lens is pointed horizontally.
- NOTE: Some Android devices and iPhone iOS15 devices also support the “Override Do Not Disturb” function.
For Android devices: Please go to Settings → Apps & Notification → CuboAi → Choose the Notification Category that you’d like to adjust → Notifications → Advanced → Override Do Not Disturb (See Google Pixel 3 as an example)
For iOS15 devices: Please go to Settings → Focus → Do Not Disturb → under the ALLOWED NOTIFICATIONS, click into Apps > Add App and select CuboAi
- When CuboAi/CuboAi Plus detects an event that may require your attention (ie. covered face, cry detection, or danger zone entry), you will receive an instant notification on your phone with an alert sound as long as your phone volume is on. If your phone volume is on mute, CuboAi’s alerts will follow your alert settings to send you notifications - for example, vibrating with each notification or silent per your phone’s settings.
- When the CuboAi app is open or when the app is continuously streaming audio in the background, the app notification volume will follow the media volume of your phone. When the CuboAi app is neither opened nor playing the background audio, it will follow the notification/ringer volume settings of your phone.
Also, when the CuboAi app is open, only the Danger Zone Alert, Covered Face/Rollover Alert & Critical Alert will have an in-app pop-up and alert sound. All other alert types will show up in the Notifications Tab. However, some alert types will have an alert sound but no pop-up notification.
If you're not receiving notifications for CuboAi/CuboAi Plus on your phone, please refer to What to do if I'm not receiving notifications for CuboAi/CuboAi Plus? for more detailed information.