1. What is Family Sharing? How do I invite family or friends to join my Cubo account?
The Family Sharing function allows parents to easily invite family to join their Cubo account, as well as provide greater control over privacy by allowing parents (account owner) to customize the usage permissions of other family members. Parents may share their Cubo with up to 7 family members with this function.
To share Cubo with your Family, please follow the steps below:
- Make sure they have downloaded the Cubo App
- On the "Settings" page, under Account, click "Family Sharing Settings"
- Click "Invite Admin to Join"/"Invite Other Family Member to Join"
- Assign a nickname to the person you’d like to invite (this will only be visible to the Account Owner to keep track of who has been invited)
- Click "Generate Invite Link"
- Choose how you’d like to share this invite (for example, share via Messenger, WhatsApp, etc or with a QR code)
- Via Communication Apps: Please send your friends/family an invitation link via the App of choice. Upon clicking your link they’ll be invited to join your Cubo account
- With QR code: Your family and friends may scan the QR code generated on your mobile device by tapping the "Scan QR code to join" at the bottom of the sign-in page.
Reminder: The same link cannot be used more than once - invitation links will expire upon use. If your invited friends/family members choose not to join immediately, they will have 48 hours to do so before their link expires.
If a link expires, you can send them a new invitation by following the steps below:
- Click "Settings" in the Cubo App
- Under the "Account" section, click "Family Sharing Settings"
- Select the person whose link expired
- Select "Resend" to send another invitation link
2. Family Sharing Member Types and Permissions
In addition to the Account Owner, there are 2 role types in the Family Sharing function with different levels of permissions:
Cannot add/remove members, otherwise identical permissions to the Account Owner.
- Other Family Members:
Access to 2-way audio, Moments Wall, 18 hour playback, Cubo event notifications is controlled by the Account Owner. In addition, members within this category cannot change Cubo Settings.
Parents can choose to invite others as "Admin" or as "Other Family Members" and modify roles anytime. Furthermore, although there is a limit of 7 total invited members, you may assign as many or few of those accounts as you wish to be “Admins" or "Other Family Members". You can choose the Admin:Other Family Member ratio that is right for your family.
Reminder: All Other Family Members' permission levels are uniform. It is not possible to assign individual Family Member unique permissions. (For example, upon disabling Other Family Members' microphone permissions, everyone in the "Other Family Members" group will become unable to talk with your baby via the Cubo App. Only the Account Owner and members in the Admin group will be able to make use of this feature.)
3. How do I switch the account type of Admin and Other Family Members
- Under "Family Sharing Settings", select the member whose role type you’d like to change.
- Click on the role you wish to change to (Admin or Other Family Members)
4. What can be accessed by friends and family members whom I share my Cubo account with?
Aside from members in the "Admin" group, who holds the same permission as the Account Owner, parents can customize the following permissions for the “Other Family Members” group:
- Hear Audio
- Use Microphone
- View Moments Wall
- Replay Last 18 Hours on Cubo
- Receive Cubo Event Alerts
5. How can I control the permissions of "Other Family Members"? Can I customize the permissions of each user?
All Other Family Members' permission levels are uniform. It is not possible to customize the permissions of each Family Member.
To edit Other Family Members’ permissions, please follow the steps below:
- Go into "Settings"
- Under Account, click on "Family Sharing Settings"
- Click on "Other Family Member Permissions". From there, you may adjust Family Member permissions as needed.
Reminder: It will take about a minute for the changes you’ve made to take effect. Users will not be notified of any permission changes (gained/lost).
6. How do I remove members from my Cubo account?
To remove a member from your account, please follow the steps below:
- Click "Settings" in the Cubo App
- In the "Account" section, click "Family Sharing Settings"
- Select the member whom you wish to remove from your account
- Click "Stop"
Reminder: After removing a family member from your account, they will no longer be able to access your Cubo account. If you wish to add them back onto your account, you’ll need to send them a new invitation link or generate a new QR code for them to scan.
If you have any other questions regarding the Family Sharing function, please reach out to our Customer Support team.