The Cubo App has 3 tabs at the bottom of the screen: Home, Alerts, and Settings
1. Home Screen
You may access the following features from the Home tab:
- Live stream: Watch a live stream of your little one. Tap on the live feed to switch to full screen mode or double-tap/pinch on your live feed to zoom in on the video.
- To take a photo: Tap the camera icon to take a photo of your little one any time, anywhere!
- To record a video: Tap and hold the camera icon to film a video of your little one at any time!
- Temperature and Humidity: Shown on both the Home Screen and on Full Screen mode.
2. Moments Wall
Cubo’s Auto Photo Capture recognizes and takes pictures of baby’s large or unique movements such as turning over, kicking, twisting, biting their hands/feet, staring at the camera, crying, or just generally smiling. All the photos are arranged in reverse chronological order with most recent ones on top. You may view photos from up to the past 10 days on the Moments Wall.
3. Full Screen Features:
Tap on the Live Feed on the Home Screen to go into full screen mode and utilize the following features:
- To take a photo: Tap the camera icon on the bottom right corner to take a photo of your little one any time, anywhere! The photos will be automatically saved to your camera roll.
- To record a video (Full Screen mode): Tap the video icon to record a video of your little one at any time during live streaming! Tap again when you are done.
(Friendly Reminder: Video icon appears only during live streaming, if you'd like to record clips from the 18 Hour Playback, we suggest use the screen recording function in your phone or download the screen recording app!)
- 2-Way Audio (Full Screen mode): Say hello to your baby anytime using the 2-Way Audio function. Press and hold the microphone button to start talking to your baby, and release the button when you finish talking.
(Friendly Reminder: To reduce the echo generated during the 2-Way Audio, you won't be able to hear the sound from Cubo while pressing the Microphone icon.)
- 18 Hour Playback (Full Screen mode): Scroll back and forth to review events that happened in the last 18 hours
You may review Covered Face/Rollover, Danger Zone entry, Cry Detection, Temperature/Humidity Detection alerts on the Notifications Tab. The alerts will be available for review up to the last 7 days.
5. Settings - Baby’s Profile
Update your little one’s profile by going into Settings → Account → Baby’s Profile. Simply fill out your baby’s name, birthday, and gender so we can customize your Cubo experience (e.g. baby’s name in your alerts, birthday messages etc.) !
6. Settings → Background Audio
- If you’d like to keep an ear out for your little one, simply switch on Background Audio from Settings → Camera Settings. You may continue doing other tasks on your phone or have your screen locked and continue to listen in.
- Friendly reminder: if you are playing music or games in another app, the background audio will only come through after you are done because the active app takes precedence over background apps.
7. Offline Notification
In the event that Cubo loses connection to WiFi, the App will send 2 notifications to make sure parents are aware of this situation and can check on the connection as soon as possible.
Please check your WiFi status to make sure Cubo stays connected:
- Check your WiFi bandwidth using the Speed Test (A download/upload speed of at least 5 Mbps is required. If there are multiple devices connected to Cubo at the same time, Cubo will require a higher speed to maintain the stability of live streaming and other functions.
- If the WiFi speed is higher than 5 Mbps but you are still experiencing connectivity issues, it is likely that the WiFi strength is too weak. You may install a WiFi extender to increase the WiFi strength.
8. Sharing Your Cubo Account with Family and Friends
You may share your Cubo App account login credentials with your family members to login and see your little one.
* Friendly Reminder: Cubo supports up to 8 concurrent logins. The required download/upload speed is 5 Mbps. If there are multiple devices connected to the same WiFi network, please ensure that there is sufficient bandwidth for Cubo. If the WiFi bandwidth is insufficient, there is a risk that Cubo's transmitting of information to the app will be hindered, potentially delaying important notifications from reaching parents.