Parents can check if their home WiFi is fast enough for Cubo using the following methods:
- Download your favorite Internet Speed App. We prefer the “Speedtest” App. Once downloaded, please run the App to determine your WiFi Speed.
- The minimum recommended stable upload speed should be at least 3 Mbps.
- We recommend a 1 Mbps upload speed per phone app, so 1 person would require 1 Mbps, 2 people would require 2 Mbps, and so on.
- If the speed test determines that the upload speed is less than 1 Mbps or only marginally higher than 1 Mbps, the speed and stability of the connection may be compromised. This lower speed will also affect the synchronization between Cubo and the phone app delaying AI detection and notification.
- If there are other devices using the same WiFi, please ensure that there is enough wireless network bandwidth to ensure a stable connection.
- Quick tips in determining where the best signal is in your home:
- First, confirm that your cellphone is not in airplane mode and able to connect to WiFi.
- Once connected to WiFi, check the signal strength of the WiFi on your cellphone. If there is less than half the number of available bars, it is recommended to place Cubo in an area where the connection is stronger.