Since Cubo is a webcam, it is needs to be connected to the WiFi at home so that parents can fully utilize Cubo’s features through the mobile app.
- After you download the Cubo AI App on your phone, tablet, or other mobile device you can check on your baby no matter where you are. As long as Cubo is connected to the internet you can use the Cubo App to see what is going on.
- To ensure that your network is fast enough for Cubo, please refer to: Is my home’s WiFi speed fast enough for Cubo? [Where is this?]
- If you use your mobile phone hotspot as the main WiFi connection:
- You will be able to use the Cubo camera to connect to your Cubo App. However, this is not recommended by the Cubo team since mobile hotspots may not provide a stable network environment required to transmit images and detect any Danger Zone Alerts that may occur. It is strongly recommended that parents keep Cubo connected to the home WiFi network.
- Currently Cubo supports WPA, WPA2 WiFi routers. Based on security, compatibility, and performance considerations, it is not recommended to use WEP, WPA TKIP encryption methods since they do not meet the suggested security level for Cubo.
Because the security flaws of WEP and WPA TKIP encryption are very serious, they have been phased out from use. If you use these old encryption methods, you will not be able to fully utilize the performance and other functions of 802.11n and 802.11ac WiFi connections.