Note: The Smart Temp is currently only available for purchase in the United States, Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, Taiwan, Germany and France.
The CuboAi Smart Temp transmits data using BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) to the CuboAi Plus baby monitor using approximately 1/160,000 of the electromagnetic waves emitted by a mobile phone. Baby’s real time body temperature reading is displayed via the CuboAi app and alerts are sent when Baby’s temperature reading gets too high or low to help parents and babies get a more secure sleep. The certified hypoallergenic Smart Temp Tape can also be used with confidence.
- Connection Instructions
- Charging Instructions
- Smart Temp Tape Placement and Removal Instructions
- Body Temperature Reading Guide
- Body Temperature History
- High/Low Temperature, Low Battery and Disconnection Alerts
- Battery and Related Safety Concerns
Please refer to the following steps or the CuboAi Smart Temp Quick Start Guide to connect the CuboAi Smart Baby Temp to the CuboAi Plus baby monitor:
- Download the CuboAi app and complete the pairing process with your CuboAi Plus baby monitor.
- Go to Settings → Select the tab of the desired baby monitor on the top of the page → Add CuboAi Smart Temp
- Follow the instructions in the app and user manual to complete the pairing process, then use the Smart Temp Tape to stick the Smart Temp to the baby’s underarm.
🐤 CuboAi Reminder:
- Please ensure that you are using the latest version of the CuboAi app and that your CuboAi Plus baby monitor has the latest firmware version.
- The CuboAi Smart Temp must be kept at a distance of within 5 meters from the baby monitor to be able to continuously provide real time body temperature readings on the CuboAi app. The monitoring distance may be affected by factors such as physical obstacles, sensor placement, etc.
- It takes approximately. 3-5 minutes for the Smart Temp to reach an accurate reading of the baby’s body temperature after the sensor is placed. If there is a big difference between the room and the baby’s body temperature, then it may take 5-10 minutes longer to reach a stable reading.
The CuboAi Smart Temp takes approximately 2½ hours to fully charge. It is recommended to charge the Smart Temp prior to and after each use. If it is not regularly used, charge the Smart Temp at least once every 6 months to maintain battery health.
CuboAi Reminder: It is not recommended to leave the Smart Temp sensor in the plugged in charger for an extended period of time to avoid causing damage to the lithium battery due to excessive charging.
Smart Temp Tape Placement and Removal Instructions
The Smart Temp Tape is made of skin-friendly and hypoallergenic medical grade silicone.
Before applying the Smart Temp Tape, it is recommended to clean and dry the underarm area to achieve the best adhesion. When applying, please remove the paper liner on one side of the tape, align the notch with the temperature sensing (rectangular) area of the Smart Temp and apply the tape to the Smart Temp. Then, remove the paper liner on the other side, and stick the Smart Temp to the upper edge of the baby’s underarm, making sure that the side with the power button is facing towards the back of the body.
When removing the Smart Temp, use one hand to gently press on the skin below the Smart Temp and slowly peel the tape up with the other hand. The Smart Temp and Smart Temp Tape can be removed together.
To remove the Smart Temp Tape from the Smart Temp, it is recommended to use your thumb/finger to slowly roll the tape off (this method will leave less residual glue). It is also recommended to clean the adhesive side of the Smart Temp afterwards to avoid affecting the adhesiveness in future uses.
🐤 CuboAi Reminder:
- The Smart Temp Tape is a disposable item and cannot be reused. It needs to be replaced once it has been removed from the skin. Additionally, it is recommended to replace the Smart Temp Tape once the stickiness wears off to ensure an accurate body temperature reading.
- If the Smart Temp needs to be used for prolonged periods of time, the placement of the Smart Temp should be alternated between the left and right underarms each day, and the Smart Temp Tape should be replaced each time.
Body Temperature Reading Guide
The temperature reading interpretation of the CuboAi Smart Temp is the same as that of the axillary (armpit) temperature. As it directly measures the temperature of a baby’s underarm, the normal range will be lower than that of the readings taken using more invasive methods, such as aural (ear) and rectal temperatures and more accurate than forehead temperature readings and other measurement methods.
You can refer to the chart below the compare the normal body temperature ranges taken from different body sites:
Body Temperature History
The body temperature history of the past 90 days can be viewed by going to the Sleep Reports page → Body Temperature. You can also scroll left and right to see a complete 24 hour temperature recording graph.
High/Low Temperature, Low Battery and Disconnection Alerts
High/Low Temperature Alert
To set the high/low temperature alert settings, please go to the Settings page → scroll down to find the CuboAi Smart Temp → Body Temperature Detection Notification. Both the high and low temperature alert settings can be switched on/off and adjusted at any time.
The body temperature unit (Celsius/Fahrenheit) follows the temperature unit on the Settings page. The default high temperature notification value is set at 37.2°C/99.0°F while the default low temperature notification value is set at 34.7°C/94.5°F.
🐤 CuboAi Reminder:
The CuboAi Smart Temp high/low body temperature detection values are set according to the normal range of the axillary (armpit) temperature. Therefore, any temperature reading over 37.2°C will be considered a fever.
Low Battery Alert
The CuboAi Smart Temp’s battery level indication is divided into 4 intervals. The battery level can be viewed alongside the real-time body temperature reading. Alerts will also be sent once the battery level reaches the two lowest intervals. (note: in-app alerts only, no push notifications)
Battery Level Intervals:
- Battery Level < 20 hours
- Battery Level < 12 hours
- Battery Level < 8 hours (silent alert will be sent)
- Battery Level < 3 hours (alert with alert sound will be sent)
Disconnection Alert (Alert Sound)
A Smart Temp disconnection alert will be sent if the CuboAi Plus baby monitor does not receive a temperature reading from the Smart Temp for 5 continuous minutes. Only one alert will be sent for each disconnection incident.
All alerts will be saved on the Notification page for 7 days. For high/low body temperature alerts, there will be an accompanying 20-second video available for the next 18 hours for parents to review. There will be no videos or thumbnails for low battery and disconnection alerts.
Battery and Related Safety Concerns
The CuboAi Smart Temp is a medical device which has been certified by the FDA, TFDA, ARTG and CE Medical. The device contains a lithium battery which has received a safety certification and can be used with assurance.
Charging case: 5V input (connects to USB port) / 4.2V output (connects charging pin to Smart Temp) / with USB charging cable.
🐤 CuboAi Reminder:
- The Smart Temp charging case may not be able to be charged with a PD or QC charger due to incompatibility issues.
- Please remove the Smart Temp prior to showering/bathing to avoid causing damage to the Smart Temp sensor from chemicals such as soap and shampoo.